How to make Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks
Updated: Jul 7
Here is a quick and easy low carb snack that you can make.
• 6 Mozzarella Sticks
• 1 egg
• 1/2 c grated dry Parmesan cheese
• 1 1/2 c fried pork rinds
• 2 tsp water
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
• Cut Mozzarella sticks in half cross-wise and set aside
• Put the egg and water in a small shallow dish or pan. Whisk to mix.
• Crush pork rinds with a rolling pin or crush in a blender. Should make about 1/2 cup of pork rind crumbs.
• Place Parmesan, crushed pork rinds crumbs and Italian seasoning in a shallow baking pan
• Dip Mozzarella sticks, one at a time, first in egg wash, then crumbs, then repeat both egg wash and crumbs for a second coating.
• Set mozzarella on dish / pan that will fit in the freezer.
• Freeze for two hours
After two hours: heat oven to 500 degrees.
Working quickly cover a baking pan in parchment or grease it.
Place frozen mozzarella sticks directly from the freezer onto the pan.
Bake for 6-8 minutes, just till the coating is brown and cheese is warm and soft.
Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce, if desired.
Are you new to Keto / Low Carb?
The Ketogenic Diet is a high fat, moderate protein, and low carbohydrate diet. Through the restriction of carbohydrates, it re-programs your metabolism to burn your fat stores for fuel rather than using the glycogen stored in your muscles.
You can find more recipes in our blog posts.
If you are looking for more tips on how to start Keto: Click Here
We will provide some tips and shopping list options.
Let us help you start your keto journey.
Have your heard of Drinkable Exogenous Ketones, Keto OS NAT?
Take the Drink Ketones Challenge
"Ketosis in 60 minutes"