Ginger and Sesame Glazed Salmon
Updated: Dec 28, 2020
While most fish are healthy to eat, salmon is one of the healthiest options available. It is full of Omega-2 fatty acids that can help improve mood, cognitive function, and vision. This recipe will make two servings and will take about 45 minutes to cook.
1 Tbsp sugar-free ketchup
2 Tbsp white wine
1 Tbsp fish sauce2 Tsp minced garlic
1 Tsp minced ginger
1 Tsp rice vinegar
2 Tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp soy sauce
10 oz. salmon fillet
- Mix 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of minced ginger, and 1 tablespoon of fish sauce in a bowl.
- Cut the salmon fillet into square shapes. Put the sliced salmon into the liquid mixture with the scales facing up. Be sure to coat both sides of the salmon though.Allow the salmon to marinate in the liquid mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the salmon is done marinating, heat a pan and put the 2 teaspoons of sesame oil on it. Ensure that sesame oil covers the whole pan in the sesame oil.
- Put the salmon in the pan scale side down when the pan starts to smoke
- .Cook the salmon until the scale side is crispy and brown, then flip the salmon to cook the other side. Each side should take around 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the liquid mixture to the pan after the salmon is flipped.
- Once the salmon is cooked, take it out of the pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar-free ketchup and 2 tablespoons of white wine. Allow the sauce to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the sauce in a container that can be served on the side.If desired, garnish the dish with sesame seeds and freshly chopped cilantro.
-Each serving will have 370 calories, 23.5 grams of fat, 2.5 grams of carbohydrates, and 33 grams of protein.
Are you new to Keto / Low Carb?
The Ketogenic Diet is a high fat, moderate protein, and low carbohydrate diet. Through the restriction of carbohydrates, it re-programs your metabolism to burn your fat stores for fuel rather than using the glycogen stored in your muscles.
You can find more recipes in our blog posts.
If you are looking for more tips on how to start Keto: Click Here
We will provide some tips and shopping list options.
Let us help you start your keto journey.
Have your heard of Drinkable Exogenous Ketones, Keto OS NAT?
Take the Drink Ketones Challenge
"Ketosis in 60 minutes"